12-26-2016 11:27 AM
12-27-2016 07:36 AM - edited 12-27-2016 07:58 AM
Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! Good morning. Hope you are doing well. I understand that the unit is experiencing flickering white lines and dots and it is brand new. It will be a delight to assist you here.
You’ve done an excellent job on diagnosing the issue from your end. Kudos to you on that score. It is always a pleasure to work with tech-savvy t customers like you. We greatly value your relationship with HP and I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you.
Did any specific windows update or an application update cause this to happen? Do you remember?
- Please let me know the model# of the unit to assist you better.
- Let’s first isolate the issue to being hardware or software related.
Please perform a hard reset from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768
Then power on the unit and check if has been resolved. If it works fine great, otherwise, please check in the bios to see if the issue persists to further determine if the issue is hardware related.
- To do this, please keep tapping the Esc key gently several times as soon as you power on the computer.
- It takes you to the startup menu.
- Then press the F10 key to go the bios.
- Leave the computer under observation for about 20 minutes to check if the issue occurs here.
- Then press F9 key or F5 key to load setup defaults and select yes and push “enter.”
- Then press F10 to save changes and exit and check if it still boots to the screen that you described.
- If the issue continues in the bios, then the problem is hardware related and you could contact HP phone support to get the unit serviced via this link: http://hp.com/contacthp and follow the on-screen instructions.
- However, if the unit has been purchased from HP directly, then you get a 30nday return window to return or exchange the computer also. Link for HP shopping: http://store.hp.com
If the issue does not occur in the bios, then please visit this link http://hp.com/drivers and please update the bios, chipset and graphic card drivers to try and correct the situation.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.
Happy holidays to you and your family.
I am an HP Employee