Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy x360 13-ay0xxx Ryzen 7 4700U
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can't change the configured sahred memory for my internal graphics VEGA 7 on the AMD Ryzen 7 4700U, it's set to 512M only!

My RAM is 16G, so I should have the option to increase it up to 2GB (as it's already can be done on Lenovo laptops from BIOS) but on the HP Envy BIOS there's no option for that, and no desktop application for that!

So the question is, will we recieve this BIOS update to have the option for increasing the VRAM?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Shatrix 

Integrated video (iGPU) does not have room for keep VRAM, it relies on System. System will work this out and allocate/assign spare/available system RAM to VRAM automatically when required up to max limit. System will also take VRAM back when required. During the good old days, we could do this from BIOS but now OS is smarter.

Regards

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer, but I don't think that the OS is smart enough, as some games are still complaining that I don't have enough memory to change the serttings, and when I check at the same moment I can see that the 512MB dedicated VRAM are full and I still have plenty of the "Smart Shared Memory" still available but the OS is not using them!

So I would prefer to give us the power again to increase the dedicated VRAM memory for the integrated graphics cards, at least when we get a laptop with 16G RAM I can use full 2G of them assigned to the graphics.

Do you think this is possible?

As I said before the option is available in BIOS settings on Lenovo laptops with the same AMD CPU, check this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAsnPWSQtLw

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.