08-28-2010 07:01 AM
Pavilion dv6-1355dx with a built-in webcam. I have been able to turn on the webcam a couple of times but usually there is no way to turn it on. Details are very sketchy in documentation.
08-28-2010 08:04 AM
Bascially you use the imbedded software to switch the webcam on.
Also if you use any kind of messenger program such as aim, yahoo etc...
They have built in software that can control the webcam as well.
There is no off and on switch for this model.
08-29-2010 08:03 AM
Sometimes I have a program listed called HP MediaSmart Webcam, usually it is not there at all. If I go to HP drivers and downloads and re-install their Media Smart Webcam download it magically reappears. I cannot explain that, can you/
08-29-2010 12:26 PM
Do not know why HP MediaSmart Webcam occasionally appears but most is not present. I have figured out how to turn it on by opening a sort-of task bar that has a video camera shown on it, task bar is normally hidden.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)