Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360

Hi,

Since Ive baught this laptop ive been trying to find a way to turn the keyboard light on but I never could seem to find a way. Does anyone know how I can turn on the light? this is a HP Pavilion x360 laptop.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

If your laptop has a backlit kbd it will be one of the F keys at top of kbd and will have an icon on it indicating it. Usually the F5 key.

hp-kb_backlight1.jpg

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

@chubbyz1013

What is your Pavilion x360 ? Many Pavilion x360 machines  do not have backlit keyboards. Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for replying! the model i jhave is 15-br052od.

When i baught the laptop I was told this laptop has a backlight. But now Im not so sure since you stated that not all pavilion laptops have a backlight. But if you know if my laptop has a backlight or not please let me know.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Do you have an F key with the icon for kbd lights as shown in the photo I posted?

Specs page does not mention backlit kbd.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-15-br000-x360-convertible-pc/15551167/model/1664623...

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

I have the f5 button but it doesnt have the 3squares as shown.

Im guessing my laptop doesnt come with the backlight

HP Recommended

@chubbyz1013wrote:

...  Im guessing my laptop doesnt come with the backlight

@chubbyz1013

Your machine only has Full-size island-style keyboard with numeric keypad. No backlit keyboard. Its specs:

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05567573

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

hi, 

could i ask a question i regards to having no backlit keyboard in the computer? 🙂 

you see, i swapped out an hp pavilion x360 that had a backlit keyboard, to another hp pavilion x360 that didnt have it.

This was because the other one had much better specs than the previous one, which i dont regret. However, i didnt know that between the variants would be models that didnt have a backlit keyboards. Even the keyboards seem to be of different materials, with the newer one being made of some kind of rough plastic rather than an aluminium-like alloy which the first one had.

The f5 button for turning the backlit keyboard on, is simply not there on the new one. 

So here is my question,

since the hp variants (of the x360 pavilions) seems to be fundamentally of the same model, i was wondering if its possible to swap out a non-backlit keyboard to a backlit keyboard?

I was hoping this was possible because of the similarity between the variants. 

I always told myself that they did this to reduce the overall weight, but still, it annoys me somewhat not having a backlit keyboard with an otherwise fairly modern laptop.

I doubt the changes between the variants could be so big that it wouldnt be possible to swap out to a backlit keyboard, so i thought of asking here before contacting customerservice or any of that kind(why dont they have a mailing system, i wonder). 

i hope you can kindly help me in this matter 🙂 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.