Did you mean: 
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp Laptop monitor will not awake despite restarting, hard reset, etc

HP Recommended
HP LAPTOP model 15-bs031wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

ok so I have a HP laptop  15" inch model 15-bs031wm. It seems as if the computer is stuck in hibernate mode. the monitor will not turn back on. I have tried hard reset. unplugging and removing the battery. Plugged in with no battery. HDMI linked to an external monitor. i hear the computer running. the electric light in front right corner is lit. Plug light is also lit.When plugged in the plug light in far right corner is lit depending on charging(orange) and full charge(white). if it is not plugged in light in far left corner is off while the on light is lit in front right corner  the computer is unusable in this state. honestly a 600 paper weight less than 2 years old. i also noticed that no matter how i hard reset when i try to boot it automatically chimes as if being awoken from hibernate or sleep mode yet seems as if keyboard and monitor do not wake. i have tried blind restarting. ctrl-alt-del etc to no avail. someone please help this is my wifes laptop for school and she needs it desperately. and this is all after draining battery. unplugging  hard reset  holding the power key for ten minutes. it always powers right into a chime as if awakening and thats it. a sound when i press the button. no monitor power. no keyboard power  nothing  

sidenote:this post was generated on a completely different HP laptop which runs plugged in with no battery because thats the only way it will run. tried multiple power cords from HP for this model as well and makes no difference. anwyays thanks for reading and I hope someone can help me resolve this issue.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
27,931 27,916 1,851 2,487
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@J_Leisey

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are not getting any display on the computer when you power on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

As you have mentioned that you are not getting any display on the external monitor when connected to the computer confirms that it is a hardware issue and I recommend you contact support and check the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation