Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently bought my Pavilion G6 recently second hand and since I bought it I have noticed there is a lag/delay from my webcam whilst on video messaging. I have tried it on Cisco Webex, Facebook messenger, Google Meet and Houseparty and having the same problem. The other peoples video is playing fine on my screen, it's just my video is very slow. After reading suggestions in other posts on here I have tried unticking Exposure and unticking Low Light Compensation in the settings but didn't fix the issue and I have also tried a factory restore which removed all files and installed new Windows 10 but still having issue. I have tried conencting by WiFi and also Ethernet and getting around 30mbs.

Can you please suggest anything else I can try to fix this issue?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@balderso

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue let's try this:https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03430151

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, ive gone through the steps in your link but still having issue. The webcam is working in each app I try it with but the quality is slow. I can say something and it can take over 5 seconds before the other person hears me and the sound doesnt match with the video. Is there any settings I can try change to improve the quality? The webcam driver is up to date and I have a good internet connection.

HP Recommended

@balderso

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Firstly, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating) 

To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.

Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.

1. To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon https://support.hp.com/doc-images/932/c05040382.jpg.
  2. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
  3. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
  4. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
  5. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
  6. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I have just tried these instructions and everything is showing up to date in windows and HP assistant. I have tried again the video chat apps and the quality keeps changing. My camera video/audio can be in sync for a few seconds then goes out of sync by around 5 seconds.

HP Recommended

@balderso

1. Back up the registry. For more information, see Backing Up, Editing, and Restoring the Windows Registry (Windows 10, 😎 (in English).

2. In Windows, search for and open Regedit.

3. If you are prompted for an Administrator password or asked to confirm changes to your computer, type the password or provide confirmation.

Figure : Registry Editor

Registry Editor window
  4. After backing up the registry, click the small triangle  next to the following key names in the left pane of the Registry Editor:

• HKEY LOCAL MACHINE

• SOFTWARE

• MICROSOFT

• WINDOWS

• CURRENT VERSION

• UNINSTALL

5. Select the first key under the Uninstall key and look at the various values for that key in the right pane. Look for values that match the title of the software that you want to uninstall.

6. Do the following based on what you found:

• If the key you selected under Uninstall matches the software you want to uninstall, continue to the next step to uninstall the software.

• If the key you selected under Uninstall does not match the software you are trying to uninstall, continue selecting keys until you find the correct software.

7. With the software key selected, double-click UninstallString in the right pane.

Figure : Uninstall software in Registry Editor

Image of Registry Editor with UninstallString selected
  8. In the Edit String window, select the entire text in the Value data field.

9. Right-click the highlighted text and select Copy.

10. Click Cancel, and then close the Registry Editor window.

Figure : Edit String window

Image of the Edit String window showing the text in the Value data field
  11. In Windows, right-click the Start  key to open the Run dialog box.

12. In the Open box, right-click and select Paste.

The UninstallString value data you copied previously is pasted into the field.

13. Click OK.

Figure : Run UninstallString

Image of Run dialog box with  the UninstallString text in the Open field
  14. Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the software.

Please click “

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, what software am i supposed to be removing? How will this improve camera streaming quality?

HP Recommended

@balderso

Did you follow the troubleshooting steps? Are you able to locate the Value name UninstallString?

Please refer to the link in the first post.

Keep me posted.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, step 5 in your instructions mentions 'Look for values that match the title of the software that you want to uninstall.'

What software are you wanting me to uninstall?

HP Recommended

@balderso

You need to select uninstall options under UninstallString. If that fails. 

I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Please click “

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.