Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP envy x360 convertible 15-cp0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product number: 4RE07EA#ABU

My laptop keyboard and mouse have been faulty these past 2 months, they will both just randomly stop working and become unresponsive, I'll switch it of or do all the steps previously mentioned and it'll work again and then within a few minutes just stop again. How can this really be resolved? Will I have to send it in or get a free replacement as I do not expect this from a laptop I paid over £600 for! Even the bluetooth randomly disconnects from my speakers and more it has not even been a year yet.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Toyin2, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Good Day. Thank you for taking an interest in the HP community. I understand that you require assistance regarding issues with the touchpad. I will be delighted to assist you here. Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for t

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this:

• Did you check if an external USB mouse works correctly with the notebook?
  • Was any liquid spilled on the notebook?

It looks like a hardware issue with the touchpad. For now, please try these steps:

• Connect an external USB mouse to the computer and check if it works. If it does then the touchpad needs to be replaced.
  • If the computer is out of warranty an inexpensive way of using it would be to order an external USB mouse or a small wireless mouse and use it as service could come with charge as it is out of warranty.
  • I am being honest about it by keeping your best interest in mind without beating around the bush.
  • Perform all the relevant steps that best describe the issue from this link: http://hp.care/2DabBoM (HP Notebook PCs - Keyboard and TouchPad or ClickPad Troubleshooting) It is a guided troubleshooter.
  • Now check if gets resolved. Also refer to this document: http://hp.care/2D6R9ow (HP Notebook PCs - Using the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 10)

If the issue continues, contact HP phone support to get the computer repaired if need to get it done.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.