Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Suddenly my laptop has stopped being able to autorotate in tablet mode. i tried to uncheck the autorotate box but this had no effect. I also tried the registry editor fix but the number kept on returning to 0 when i changed and restarted. i also rolled back the graphics drivers with no effect to the situation. i then tried using the windows trouble shooter but this did not fix it either. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

i restarted my computer twice and it started working thanks for the help anyway

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Have you done any major update to Windows at all?  

Please remember to select the answer
HP Recommended

no i havent however i did do a driver update 

HP Recommended

Well Please open HP Support Assistant and see if there are any updates that are wanting to be installed.  When i updated my HP Stream 7 Tablet to Windows 10 the auto rotate did not work at all.  After running all updates from the HP Support Assistant the autorotate started working again because it needed an updated driver.  If that does not work then the sensor is not working. 

Please remember to select the answer
HP Recommended

however in laptop mode it does change to tablet mode when i rotatate but it doesnt rotate the screen so surely the sensors are working?

HP Recommended

i restarted my computer twice and it started working thanks for the help anyway

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.