Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-15-2022 09:43 PM - edited 01-15-2022 09:44 PM
The problem is with my hp pavilion aero 5600u processor which i bought 2 month ago. Laptop screen blink for like 1-2 second in like 1 hour whenever i am doing normal surfing on internet or doing some light work. It doesn't happen while watching videos or playing games. I am annoyed with the laptop blinking issue. I have also seen many people with same model on forums reporting the same issue. Hp is slow and doesn't read the problem of people.Please resolve it fast. I don't expect from a brand new laptop to have the problem like this.
01-19-2022 01:47 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help
- Click the Change advanced power settings link. On Advanced settings, scroll down and expand the Display settings. You should now see the Console lock display off timeout option, double-click to expand. Change the default time of 1 minute to the time you want, in minutes.
Also, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
And, also run BIOS Update: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c00042629
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
01-19-2022 11:50 PM - edited 01-19-2022 11:52 PM
None of your solution worked. Infact i completely installed new windows 10 os but then also it doesn't solve. Very bad experience from hp. Never buying any hp product again. Wastage of money. Can't your read other forum regarding the same model many people are facing same issue but you can't fix it and just spamming same old thing to change this that setting update your driver and all. We are not dumb enough to try it by ourselves but that doesn't work.
01-22-2022 02:28 PM
Thank you for posting back.
I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.
If you still need additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction or a remote session with our HP Support team if you would like to continue troubleshooting.
I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:https://www.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html
Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Have a nice day ahead.
I am an HP Employee