Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got hp tilt pen with with my laptop and when I did start using it on the screen it left scratches, I am very disappointed with the quality of the pen and what it did to my screen. Where do I initiate a repair for my screen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Afoten,

You have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to check to get to know its hardware is faulty, not a software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi@Afoten,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC? Did you purchase the Pen separately or did it come with your notebook?

Please share the product number and operating system you are running on your PC to assist you better.

If the pen does not write consistently while your fist or palm is touching the screen, make sure the pen tip is 5mm or farther from the point where your hand is contacting the screen.

Try few troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Reinstall the original touchscreen device driver that came installed on your computer using the following steps:

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.

3. The touchscreen device is labelled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touchscreen device and select Uninstall.

4. Confirm the uninstallation.

5. Restart the computer to reinstall the touchscreen driver.

Also, update the BIOS and graphics driver on your PC and check if it helps.

You can try updating the drivers using the HP support assistant.

Refer to this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

Refer to the stylus compatibility guide for more information. Click Here

Also, refer to this article to further troubleshoot Stylus Pen Is Inaccurate or Stops Working issues. Click Here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Hi, the pen came with the notebook. And I didnt download anything specific for the pen or anything.

My laptop is windows 10 

Product number:1X5Z4PA#AKL

The version seems to be 21H2(OS build 19044.1414(

HP Recommended

@Afoten,

You have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to check to get to know its hardware is faulty, not a software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.