Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 15 dq-0194nia
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, I have an Hp Pavilion x360 15 dq-0194 nia convertible laptop. 

My HP tilt pen active stylus Dark Ash (2MY21AA) works well in Laptop, Tent or Stand mode, but when I use the laptop in Tablet mode, the HP tilt pen stops working after only a few seconds of use. It then works again after a few minutes but can stop working at any times.

I have already done lot of research on the internet about this issue and I followed many instructions, but none work till now.

I guess there must be something that triggers when i switch to tablet mode that makes the tilt pen to stop working, and I would really want to know if any one has been able to get the real solution. 

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Garosz, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I see from your post that you are having issues with the HP Tilt pen not working on tablet mode your HP notebook. 

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you replaced the battery?

Have you tried to update the Bios?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

I would suggest you update the Bios and Chipset drivers on your PC from our HP Support website, using this link.

I would recommend you install the latest HP Pen control: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer to this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

If the issue persists, uninstall the keyboard drivers from the device manager and restart the computer.

• Please right-click on start>select device manager>Expand Keyboards>Right-click on the listed drivers and uninstall them. Then restart the computer and check again if the issue is fixed.
  • If it continues, please replace the stylus battery and check again if it gets resolved.
  • If it persists, please try to perform the prescribed troubleshooting steps from this link: HP PCs - Touch Screen Stylus Pen Is Inaccurate or Stops Working

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Dear Sir, I thank you for at least give a reply. But for god sake, give proper information !

I have an HP tilt pen and it contains a non removable battery! Do you expect I break the tilt pen? 

I have already update to latest BIOS, to latest drivers!

I have never replace the laptop battery as I purchased the laptop in less than 1 year ago, and there is no issue with the laptop's battery.

I already install and use HP Support Assistant to seek for latest updates for my laptop.

I told you I followed all existing assistance from HP. But no solution till now!

Should I deduct that HP does not have a fix to this problem or HP support team are incompetent?

HP Recommended

Hi @Garosz,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.