516 358 0 5
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

I am sometimes faced with an issue freezing the screen display

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Everyone

My Windows is Windows 10, version 1903, Build: 18362.778.

I have this issue even with the older version of Windows 10.

When I slide the screen forward and backward, sometimes I see the graphics adapter is not responding and the screen display is being frozen. That is, I cannot see anything clearly or move the cursor of the mouse.(screenshot below).

The screen display is frozen1The screen display is frozen1The screen display is frozen2The screen display is frozen2

When I slide the screen forward and backward then everything is back okay. It's not a continuous issue, and but it's annoying. Moreover, when my HP laptop is loading, I even cannot see the screen displays the image clearly..

I don't know if it's a Graphics adapter-related hardware problem or it is just a software issue. So, I don't know if I'll need to disassemble my laptop, and check if the Graphics adapter is installed correctly or not. I about two times took apart my laptop by myself. So, I don't think I'll be faced with an issue disassembling it.

I'd very much appreciate it if you could help me.

5 REPLIES 5
Lil_Boy_Blue
Level 12
7,692 7,654 332 702
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

Dislike the multiple posts, however....

Does the Graphics share memory?

Run a Diagnostic?

HWT.png

0 Kudos
cooperator
Author
Level 5
516 358 0 5
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Repeated

0 Kudos
cooperator
Author
Level 5
516 358 0 5
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Repeated

0 Kudos
cooperator
Author
Level 5
516 358 0 5
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Repeated.

0 Kudos
cooperator
Author
Level 5
516 358 0 5
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot,

What do you mean by "Does the Graphics share memory?". I don't know if my Graphics shares memory  or not. How do I know that?Also, what does that do with the display of screen goes sometimes frozen and the screen is showing a black image with lines. 

The issue lies in

1. Whenever sliding my screen back or forward, I see that the display is going black with lines.(i.e. the screen shows a black image with lines - have you looked at those screenshots?)

2. Even when my laptop is loading into Windows, the screen is showing black. When the login window of Windows appears, I cannot see it since there is no image shown until I slide the screen forward or back.

So, after sliding the screen, I see the screen display gets back normal.

Why does, when my laptop is booting into Windows, the screen display show black with lines(Have you had a look at those screenshots?)?

Although I don't see that it is useful to run HP PC Hardware Diagnostics,  will I need to download the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics since I don't see I've it installed?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation