johnpf64 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

I can not run MS Media player

HP ProBook 470 G5 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Error 0xc00db3b2 when I run ms media player for a .mp4 . I got a message codec problem. As I can see on MS support that latest media player supporting mp4 formats. Note that was non problem with my old PC from 2013.

4 REPLIES
Provost Provost
Provost
70495 8476 18216
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post

johnpf64 wrote:

Error 0xc00db3b2 when I run ms media player for a .mp4 . I got a message codec problem. As I can see on MS support that latest media player supporting mp4 formats. Note that was non problem with my old PC from 2013.

@johnpf64

HP does not own Windows and MS Media Player but based on information from Internet, WMP does not support normal MP4 files without right CODEC. Your old machine may have CODEC installed (and you may not know).

Please try the following setup

https://videoconverter.wondershare.com/convert-mp4/play-mp4-on-windows-media-player.html

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
0 Kudos
johnpf64 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post

OK, thanks. I shall try this later to day. I can see WMP version 12 support mp4 (not v. 11). Maybe I got 11. 

It is brand new laptop so I think I got latest version but I shall check when I come home.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
johnpf64 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post

I have a latest win10 and with WMP 12, and version 12 shall support mp4 files. It is none problem with my old laptop (2013) which have been reinstalled opsys (win10). Could it, the error,  cause of all your extra software updates (from hp support) that create conflict with Win10 and/or WMP?

0 Kudos
johnpf64 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post

I have find out that WMP do not support MP4 (HEVC). I found a codec package that supporting this format.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation