Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 17t-ce100 laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This is a relatively new laptop purchased in January.  I find the clickpad too sensitive and prefer using a Logitech Triathalon mouse (bluetooth).   I have tried HP tech support and the technician, after about an hour gave up and said he could not help.  No amount of searching on the HP support site led to a solution.  I would appreciate any help with this.  Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Leon_Gary 

Not sure I can solve it either, but I can offer a suggestion perhaps.

Did the tech make sure the option to double tap the corner of the clickpad was enabled in Windows mouse properties, so you can switch the pad off?

Go to  Disabling the Double Tap to Enable or Disable TouchPad (Windows 10, 😎 and expand it to view the instructions.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-17-ce1000-laptop-pc-series/29126769/model/29126770/docu...

This is the driver for Windows 10 version 1909 if your touchpad driver has not been updated...

sp100774.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.