Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New member
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I have a hp laptop W9a95av what type of adapter would I need to connect an blue male monitor cable

HP Recommended
W9a95av laptop

If anyone can help me I wanted to hook up an old school blue monitor cable to the laptop what type of adapter would I need to buy. Thank you in advance. 

Level 19
Level 19
94,749 93,406 12,274 26,105
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended



Your machine is a CTO Spectre x360 13t-aw000 machine. It should have


● Audio-out (headphone)/audio-in (microphone) combo jack
USB 3.1 Type-A Gen. 1 port
● USB 3.1 Type-C Gen. 2 Thunderbolt™ port (2)


The monitor is very old now and looks like it only has VGA port. You can use USB (digital) to VGA (analog) converter to connect to your monitor. For example





**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation