cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Williec1
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

I have an HPLAPTOP 15-bw0xx. Am trying to capture video via HDMI but can't get an image on my screen

HP Recommended
HPLAPTOP 15-bw0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HPLAPTOP 15-bw0xx. Am trying to capture video via HDMI but can't get an image on my screen. Can you help?

3 REPLIES 3
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,847 93,504 12,289 26,126
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Williec1 

Sorry, I don't know what are you trying to do. What is the hardware and software you use to capture video ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Williec1
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am trying to digitize some old VHS tapes. I have a VCR with three RCA wires (Yellow, red and white). They are connected to a RCA to HDMI converter which is in turn plugged into the HDMI port of the HPLAPTOP 15-bw0xx laptop. I am using Cyberlink Power Director video editor to capture the video. However, no image ever appears on the software. I cannot find an image of the VHS playback anywhere. It appears as if the HDMI port is not working. Can you help me? 

banhien
Level 19
Level 19
94,847 93,504 12,289 26,126
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Williec1 

OK, that is NOT going to work. You need a video capture adapter to convert VHS videos (analog) to digital format. Please read the following article first

https://www.liferejoice.com/best-vhs-to-digital-converter/

10 years ago I used an adapter which is similar to the following adapter to convert VHS tapes to DVD's.

https://www.telstra.com.au/platinum-technical-support/articles/vhs-to-digital

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

>
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation