03-18-2017 12:36 PM
03-19-2017 01:15 PM
Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums.
I read that you have HP computer and when you log into Windows, the screen turns black and only the mouse pointer is visible. The screen turns normal after a few hours. The issue repeats whenever you restart the PC.
I would like to know the following information to assist you better:
- Does the screen remain on before you login to Windows?
- Did any updates happen on your PC recently after which this issue started?
- Please let me know the exact product model no. This link will help you to find the model no: http://hp.care/2bygf7l
Meanwhile, I recommend you to perform the following steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a fix:
- Open Device Manager in Windows 10.
- Expand Display adapters.
- Under Display adapter you will see the display driver listed. Right click on it and select uninstall.
- Restart the laptop.
- During the restart process, Win10 will install the display drivers.
Please feel free to reply. I will assist you further. Cheers!