Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion g6-2364er

Hello . Faced such a problem. Not a single driver on the video card works. changed different operating systems, even Linux. turned on windows 8.0 (currently installed). I need working drivers on my laptop. it works fine on the integrated one (intel hd graphics 4000) and on the discrete one it doesn't work (amd radeon hd 7670m) ... I ask for help in solving this problem

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

When the AMD driver won't install, that is an indication the HD 7670M GPU has overheated over time, and has become damaged.

The only solution would be to replace the motherboard, which is not worth doing on such an old notebook.

HP Recommended

I have not used it for a very long time. I think everything should work. I looked at different forums and everywhere they say that there is a way but not one does not suit me. Drivers from. The manufacturer’s sites do not work. maybe there is a tricky way to use a discrete graphics card? In addition, I disassembled the laptop, cleaned it from dust and applied thermal grease, visual damage to the video

HP Recommended

Hi:

This is the one and only correct W8 x64 Intel/AMD graphics driver for your notebook.

It installs both the AMD and Intel GPU"s and you must never try to install the standalone Intel graphics, or allow any Windows updates for the graphics to install, or it wrecks the graphics setup.

If this driver does not work, then my previous comments apply.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59936.exe

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.