cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pls-h3lp
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I turn it on black screen and blinking capslock i have poor eyes and cant tell the sequence

HP Recommended
Hp 14 stream

well i have no display and blinking lights but i cant see sequence with my poor eyesight but i need this for school projects i use this for research and well everything i depend on this device i need it to work soon what should i do 

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
33,794 32,916 3,069 7,574
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Pls-h3lp 

The blinking means some kind of hardware fault, and without noting the sequence of blinks, we have absolutely no way of telling what is causing the fault. That is something you have to do, or get someone to assist you in doing.

If the CapsLock key is blinking or there is beeping, read this HP information on the likely cause of the hardware failure based on the blinking or beeping patters.

For laptops, this HP thread describes the different blink and beep codes: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674?jumpid=reg_r1002_usen_c-001_title_r0001

You have an additional problem with the Stream series in that they do not have traditional disk drives; instead, they have 32GB memory sticks configured to work like disk drives -- and these are not removable.

To retrieve files from the laptop, you have to be able to get it to power up; if you can not do that, you can't get anything off it.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation