Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-cf0013nf
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

I had a Packard Bell F9526 PD925 Tower PC Model / type ref: UTOW-CUB MS model: CUB01 ID009C S / N: 29257740306 which had a FireWire / IEEE1394 port which allowed me to transfer my videos from my digital camcorder.
I replaced this PC with an HP Notebook-14 S / N Laptop: 5CG8216J3J which does not have a FireWire / IEEE1394 port.
Do you have a solution to connect a digital FireWire / IEEE1394 output from a camcorder to my new HP Notebook PC Laptop?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Pierrot38 

Nearly all consumer notebooks/laptops from all vendors (including HP) now do not have old style Firewire port. There are many things called adapters, converters on market today but nearly all of them won't work properly (I don't know why they are selling those). One note

https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207359095-Can-I-use-a-FireWire-to-USB-adapter-to-con...

My suggestion: keep your old computer and transfer your DV tapes to your external HDD and use use avi files on your new notebook/laptop up to the point you can buy a new video camera.

I still have 40+ tapes, used once from 2005/2006. I copied them all to my old laptop/note book which is an HP nx8420 machine then to an external HDD early 2008.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.