Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
mokujin Student
Student
1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Integrated graphics card stop working

envy 15 j019so
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello I have problem with intel hd 4600 graphic card always after I install driver (I try from hp site,intel site also I try auto detect or windows 10 updating) always same IGFX stop working and computer turn off but if I turn off windows aero its working. I try different OS like linux (distrubutions like mint working because no aero but ubuntu with aero screen start lag apier dots all kind of colours until compiuter restart, also I try   Mac os 10.9.5 mavericks (hackintosh) its also screen blinking appier dots on screen). I think maybe hd 4600 graphics processor burn it  ?.... Also is geforce GT 740m witch I cant run without intel HD 4600 drivers on Windows OS but with Ubuntu I can install geforce drivers and choose use just geforce GPU and its working perfect... Its posible maybe some how turn off intel IGPU and 100% use geforce ? 

1 REPLY
Retired
Retired
5851 347 625
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Integrated graphics card stop working

Hello @mokujin,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I came across your post about the Intel Driver, and wanted to help!  I understand that you are having issues with the driver crashing.

Did you start to have this issue after upgrading to the Windows 10 Operating System?  There may be some compatibility issues with the Switchable Graphics.  You can try uninstalling, or disabling the Intel driver, to see if the issue is resolved.  Otherwise, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes: 

HP PCs - Error: Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great weekend!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation