Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slolearner
Level 3
38 28 6 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 consistently updates

HP ENVY x360 Convertible
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Why does this driver update run all the time?

Checking Windows Update History shows at least 45 entries:

Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 Successfully  installed on MM/DD/YYYY

where MM/DD/YYYY is for everydate that WU has run recently.

The specifications shows current version is 20.19.15.4360 (12/21/2015)

Driver Version: 20.19.15.4360
Operating System: Windows* 10 Home (10.0.14393)
Default Language: English (United States)
Physical Memory: 12108 MB
Vendor ID: 8086
Device ID: 1916
Device Revision: 07
Graphics Output Protocol (GOP) Version: 9.0.1035
Current Resolution: 1920 x 1080

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz
Processor Speed: 2592 MHz
Processor Graphics in Use: Intel(R) HD Graphics 520
Shader Version: 5.1
OpenGL* Version: 4.4
OpenCL* Version: 2.0

* Microsoft DirectX* *
Runtime Version: 12.0
Hardware-Supported Version: 12.0

* Devices connected to the Graphics Accelerator *

Active Displays: 1

* Built-in Display *

Display Type: Digital
DDC2 Protocol: Supported
Gamma: 2.2
Connector Type: Embedded DisplayPort
Device Type: Built-in Display

Maximum Image Size
Horizontal Size: 13.78 inches
Vertical Size: 7.48 inches

Supported Modes
1920 x 1080 (60p Hz)
1920 x 1080 (40p Hz)

Power Management Support
Standby Mode: Supported
Suspend Mode: Supported
Active Off Mode: Supported

Raw EDID:
00 FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 30 E4 B3 04 00 00 00 00
00 19 01 04 95 23 13 78 EA 9A D5 94 58 56 91 28
1F 50 54 00 00 00 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01 01
01 01 01 01 01 01 2E 36 80 A0 70 38 1F 40 30 20
35 00 59 C2 10 00 00 19 1F 24 80 A0 70 38 1F 40
30 20 35 00 59 C2 10 00 00 19 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02
00 0C 47 FF 0A 3C 6E 1F 18 2B 6E 00 00 00 00 54

4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,387 2,229
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 consistently updates

Hi @Slolearner,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I understand you are having issues with the latest drivers for your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started?

Have you tried to update the drivers either using Windows update or using HP Support Assistant?

Have you tried to update the Bios? Most of the times updating the Bios helps to resolves the issue.

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

Meanwhile, you may try to install the Intel® Driver Update Utility. This Utility keeps your system up-to-date, detecting which driver updates are relevant to your computer.

If the issue persists then you may also install the Intel® Management Engine (Intel® ME) Software

NOTE: This Installs the Intel® Management Engine (Intel® ME) software for systems based on 3rd generation Intel® Processors or above. The Intel ME software components that need to be installed depending on the system's specific hardware and firmware features. The installer detects the system's capabilities and installs the relevant drivers and applications.

Next thing, I would suggest here is to update the BIOS and Chipset drivers for your PC, from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Slolearner
Level 3
38 28 6 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Jeet_singh wrote:

Hi @Slolearner,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. I understand you are having issues with the latest drivers for your HP notebook. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

What is the product number of your device? M1W62UA#ABA Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Have you recently made any software or hardware changes on the PC before the issue started? Cannot associate the issue begining after any specfic update/installation, Widows Updates run automatically and always run HP Support Assistant updates when prompted.

Have you tried to update the drivers either using Windows update or using HP Support Assistant? See previous response

Have you tried to update the Bios? Most of the times updating the Bios helps to resolves the issue. See previous response

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the notebook: Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by decreasing the amount of power stored in hardware components. Decreasing stored power is sometimes referred to as a "Hard Reset". Use the following steps to perform a hard reset on a computer:

Meanwhile, you may try to install the Intel® Driver Update Utility. This Utility keeps your system up-to-date, detecting which driver updates are relevant to your computer. See previous response

If the issue persists then you may also install the Intel® Management Engine (Intel® ME) Software

NOTE: This Installs the Intel® Management Engine (Intel® ME) software for systems based on 3rd generation Intel® Processors or above. The Intel ME software components that need to be installed depending on the system's specific hardware and firmware features. The installer detects the system's capabilities and installs the relevant drivers and applications. See previous response

Next thing, I would suggest here is to update the BIOS and Chipset drivers for your PC, from our HP support website, using this link. See previous response

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC. See previous response

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,640 19,628 1,297 1,966
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Slolearner,

I am the The_Fossette. It looks like you were interacting with @Jeet_singh,  but he is out of the office today so I'll take over from here.

Windows update also installs the latest drivers for the hardware available on your computer automatically. Please follow below steps to temporarily prevent the driver or update from being reinstalled until a new driver or updated fix is available.

1. Launch the Device Manager with a right click on the lower left corner of the desktop and a left click on Device Manager.
  2. Located the device driver with the problem driver installed, right click and choose Uninstall.
  3. In the uninstall dialog, check the box to Delete the driver software for this device if available.

To temporarily prevent the driver or update from being reinstalled until a new driver or updated fix is available, a troubleshooter is available that provides a user interface for hiding and showing Windows Updates and drivers for Windows 10. You can obtain and run the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter by downloading it from the Microsoft Download Center.

The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:

Download the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package now.

When you click on the download link, you will be prompted to open or save wushowhide.diagcab. Opening wushowhide.diagcab will launch the troubleshooter. Then click Next to proceed and follow the instructions provided by the troubleshooter to hide the problematic driver or update.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Slolearner
Level 3
38 28 6 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank You for the response, but I'm a bit confused with the proposed solution.

The issue I was reporting is NOT that the device or it's driver is failing, but that WIndows Update is always installing the same update for the Graphics.

If I understand your directions correctly, you are suggesting that I Uninstall the driver for the graphics.

Want the graphics then be unavailable?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation