1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Intel Graphics driver has stopped responding and has restarted

HP ENVY Notebook - 15-ae003ne
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

My laptop was working perfectly fine, when it then started going into waves of black screens followed by a refreshed screen and the message, Intel Display Graphics HD Driver has stopped responding and has recovered.

This occurs most prominently immediately post startup, and on the desktop.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Intel drivers, but nothing seems to work.

Please help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,026 17,550 1,280 1,912
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Intel Graphics driver has stopped responding and has restarted

Hi! @DrBazeed, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that you are getting the error: Intel Graphics driver has stopped responding on your PC.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

Please try the steps recommended below.

1. Press Win+R (Windows key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog box will appear.
Type devmgmt.msc in the run box then click OK button.
2. Expand “Display adapters” category and right-click on the display driver. The context menu will pop up. Click Uninstall on the context menu.
After uninstalling the driver, restart your PC for the changes to take effect. Then Windows will load the correct drivers. (If you have installed multiple display cards, before restarting PC, repeat the steps above to uninstall all display drivers.)

1). Press Win+R (Windows key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog box will appear.
  Type regedit in the run box then click OK button. Then the “Registry” Editor will open.
2). Browse to and then click the following registry subkey:
  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers
3). On the Edit menu in the right pane, right-click on the blank place. Click New, and then select the following registry value from the drop-down menu specific to your version of Windows.

If your PC is running 32-bit operating system, follow these steps:

a. Select QWORD (64-bit) Value.
b. Type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.
c. Double-click TdrDelay and add “8” for the Value data and click OK.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation