Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-da0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I use Adobe Premiere Pro daily. Until yesterday, when I got an error that my graphics driver was suddenly unsupported. I read their instructions and chose to go through Intel first.

- Intel's downloads didn't work because the drivers on this laptop are customized through HP.

- HPs downloads didn't work because who knows why? The support assistant utility runs forever before finally giving an error. If I find the appropriate driver from a list, it gives me a fatal error message.

- But then, when I looked in the device manager, the events list said that it requires further installation. Well, duh. But what do I do about it? Dunno.

- I tried using the IFGX zip file Adobe suggested. It gave me the same "customized driver" error message that I got from the Intel site. 

- I've tried every suggestion and "fix" the HP automated virtual assistant has put out there and the driver is listed as working correctly with no errors, there are no updates through device manager, Windows just updated again this morning and I tried all of these methods again in case THAT was the issue, but to no avail. In fact, the HP assistant utility NOW has been "installing" this one driver for about an hour and a half...

I'm afraid if I wipe this thing and start over, I'm going to still have the same issue when I get it all up and running again. I'd like to try to solve this without all that mess, if possible. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Does your notebook have the onboard Intel graphics only, or does it have a switchable graphics combination?

If it only has the onboard Intel graphics, see my knowledgebase article at the link below for how to manually update the Intel HD graphics driver to the latest version found on the Intel website.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Updating-the-Latest-HD-Graphics-Driver-from-I...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Does your notebook have the onboard Intel graphics only, or does it have a switchable graphics combination?

If it only has the onboard Intel graphics, see my knowledgebase article at the link below for how to manually update the Intel HD graphics driver to the latest version found on the Intel website.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebooks-Knowledge-Base/Updating-the-Latest-HD-Graphics-Driver-from-I...

HP Recommended

It seems to have worked except that now everything is laggy. Not ideal when you're trying to edit video! But I guess I needed to try to install it through the device manager instead of the other methods because that's what finally got it to fully install and make the error disappear. Any clue about how to rectify the sluggish response?

Thank you so much for your help; I couldn't figure out why I'd done All The Things and none had worked!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that issue.

Are you sure that your notebook only has the onboard Intel graphics?

When you use the method I wrote about and your PC has switchable graphics, it prevents the switchable graphics from working.

See the second comment below my write-up.

If you are sure your PC only has the onboard Intel graphics, everything should be working normally.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.