Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Thanks for your guidance.

My personal data is backed up off-site but performing a full system reset is.....

1) ...not a solution....it's extreme troubleshooting, and...

2) ....not something I can do until maybe next weekend.  

Summary: 

My 4 month old HP laptop has an HDMI port that transfers successfully about 1/2 the time and restore points that vanish within about an hour. 

I have spent about 10 hours troubleshooting and have been advised by HP to spend another 1-3 hours (my estimate) performing a system reset.

I'll continue to keep you posted. 

HP Recommended

@Gwenster1 I know, and completely agree that this is an extreme step, but it looks like we don't have any other choice but to use this as the last resort, 

perhaps, you can take your time to think about it and perform the steps when you can, 

let us know how that pans out and good luck!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.