Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook 840 G6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Trying to connect a work issued HP Elitebook 840 G6 laptop to the BenQ PD3220U monitor using Thunderbolt, HDMI and Displayport (by way of the HP slim dock), but I'm not able to get the monitor working for this laptop. The cable i tried supported displayport 1.4, not the one supplied with the BenQ. The thunderbolt 3 and HDMI cables were from BenQ. Any thoughts on why I can't get video displayed on the monitor? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@isherpa 

The specs of monitor is

https://www.benq.com/en-au/monitor/designer/pd3220u/specifications.html

You should be able to use a  Thunderbolt cable to connect direct to your computer and you can daisy chain to a second monitor. You can use the slim dock to connect to other devices.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

that's the problem I'm having - i'm not getting the video signal using a thunderbolt cable from laptop to monitor. also not working with HDMI. i also tried the laptop on a slim dock and used Displayport cable. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.