cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
DanDumitrescu
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Issues playing videos or watching streams on twitch

HP Recommended
Pavilion 17 17-cd1029nq
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. I recently (2 weeksago) bought a HP 17-cd1029NQ laptop with I7 10th gen processor and NVIDIA 1650NQ GPU

I installed windows 10 20H2 on it, updated everything I had to update, used HP Support assistant for all the updates.

I am trying to watch movies on 1080p resolution, and the image begins to lag. I am trying to watch some streams on twitch, image begins to lag. I have no connection issues, I checked the laptop with all the HP support apps and I got no error or issue while testing it. I have to mention that the laptop cooler almost never stop spining (I think this is kinda weird). I even updated the bios to the last version, and I still get this problems. I tried every possible combination of settings with NVIDIA control panel, the Windows Graphics settings, nothing helps. Please, if you have some more ideeas, share it with me here. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,049 26,486 3,091 6,658
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DanDumitrescu 

I take it when you are watching movies, you are streaming, right?

And, is that over ethernet (wired networking) or over WiFi?

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
DanDumitrescu
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello dear WAWood. I am not streaming while I play video.

I was talking about watching online streams or watching videos like movies. My connection is on ethernet.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation