Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dodds4
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Keep getting a message that I need an AMD Driver.

Pavilion dv6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am using an AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series driver on my Pavilion dv6 computer.      I switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently, and ever since I have been getting the message "No AMD Driver installed"        I believe the one I have is out of date.      Can anyone tell me which AMD Driver will be compatible to replace it?         I am having problems with the computer and I believe the missing driver may be the cause of it.

2 REPLIES 2
Level 15
Level 15
17,941 17,886 1,668 3,935
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dodds4

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the problem you're up against is that Microsoft only supplies drivers with the most basic functionality, and what you really need for FULL functionality is the specialized drivers written for the specific hardware found in your HP PC -- and unfortunately, there are no HP Win10 drivers for your PC. HP only guarantees Win10 compatibility for machines made after August, 2013. HP does not have any schedule indicating when, or IF, they will be producing drivers for the older machines.

This means that your PC is most likely NEVER going to be fully functional under Win10 because the drivers it needs for full functionality simply do not exist!  

To restore full functionality, you would need to do a factory reset using HP Recovery Media to its original pre-installed OS.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Dodds4
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply.      A couple of final questions....   I have a lot of photos attached to my Ancestry Family Tree.        Would I be right in saying that they would not be affected by a Reset?         I am 90 per cent sure that they wouldn't be affected but just wondered if you knew.        The driver thing is a problem - it wouldn't help at all if I went back to Windows 8 and tried to get a compatible Driver then, would it?        ... In the long run, I think I will be forced to get a new computer.    

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation