09-15-2019 07:11 AM
I have HP Pavilion i3, 8th Generation
Earlier the backlight for keyboard was working properly using the key provided with F5, but now the backlight is not getting ON, I tried to fix it by uninstalling the Keyboard driver and restarting the system but that doesn't worked out, the rest options like volume, brightness is working properly .
Any solution for the issue ???
09-17-2019 09:52 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Did you make any changes to the settings of your PC prior to the issue?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer and the issue, if the issue persists, continue next step,
Next, check the BIOS settings:
- Turn off your computer
- Make sure you have connected the power cable
- Turn on your notebook, as it is starting press the F10 button repeatedly
In the BIOS, select BIOS Setup or BIOS Setup Utility, and then use the arrow keys to navigate to the System Configuration tab. Make sure to enable Action Keys Mode, if it is not enabled already.
NOTE: Your BIOS version and screens might vary.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
09-18-2019 10:49 AM
I tried both the solutions being suggested by you but neither of them worked for me and the Action Keys were already enabled in BIOS setting !!!
The rest of the Action keys are working properly but the keyboard backlight function is not working.
As far as the question being asked by you related to issue " Whether it arise after the software update" well I can't say exactly as i was not using this function on frequent basis and in next question you asked "whether I have made any changes to the setting" , the answer is NO for the same.
Look forward for solution from your end !!!
09-20-2019 10:17 PM
Thank you for posting back.
Let's try system restore, System Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected.
Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545 Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 10, 😎
And, also follow this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01612362 Using the Backlit Keyboard
Keep me posted!
I am an HP Employee