Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 Convertable
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently bought a Sepctre x360 Convertible. I am having a problem that when i physically Convert it to tablet mode, it does not automatically shifts to Tablet mode. Neither its keyboards disables not track pad. Virtually, i am unable to use the Tablet Mode. 

I have already tried everything which this forum has offered, but nothing worked. That's why i am initiating a news topic at my own.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@aamir1545

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Also ensure Windows is up to date.

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & security  > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the exact same laptop and am having the same problem.  I did the suggested updates and such and the problem still exists.  My laptop is still under warranty and I am thinking of filing a claim as it is not living up to what my expectations are.  Not working as advertised. I am a firm believer in HP products but I need some assistance either addressing the issue or replacing the laptop.

HP Recommended

@BarneyMac1975 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the keyboard is not getting disabled by itself while you use your HP Spectre in tablet mode. I did some digging and came up with the below-mentioned solutions.

Please give it a try and let me know if it helps 

Solution 1:

The keyboard in Windows 10 has an automatic detector to disable the keyboard and the trackpad as soon as it becomes a 'tablet'. To access it go to the following menu items: 
Control panel (NOT SETTINGS) -> Keyboard (use icons) -> Keyboard Lock -> Auto-Lock the keyboard and touchpad (recommended)
You can use these settings to disable the keyboard in tablet mode

Solution 2:

Some of the users who had a similar issue have mentioned in some forums that the issue is fixed by adjusting the angle of the tablet. When the laptop is rotated sideways it attempts to switch to tablet mode, even when you have not adjusted the screen angle. The sensing is done by an orientation sensor in the base of the laptop, not in the hinges. So, to turn the keyboard back on and to go to laptop mode try tilting the whole laptop towards you slightly and check. 

Solution 3:

Update the Windows and BIOS. Run the windows update and make sure the windows are up to date. Now, go to http://hp.care/2bjHn5I and enter the complete product number to get the driver download page for your machine. Download and update the BIOS, restart and check for the issue resolution.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

let me know how that pans out,

And the answer to the above question will help me, help you!

Keep me posted, and if any of the above questionnaires helped resolve the issue, 

Mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".

Good luck.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.