Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

MY GTX 1050 GPU ON MOBILE IS NOT RUNNING AT X16 BUT ONLY X8  , THERE IS NOTHING IN BIOS AND NOTHING IN NVIDIA SUPPORT.  I NEED THIS RUNNING AT X16 OTHERWISE THIS LAPTOP IS USELESS TO ME

I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR REPLY ...CHEERS

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@hurr1cane Welcome to HP Community!

Please provide the correct product number.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

PRODUCT NUMBER

4SP53PA#ABG

BIOS

F.09-04/24/2019

HP Recommended

@hurr1cane

Thank you for the update.

Please refer to the below link and perform the same and check.

https://graphicscardhub.com/gpu-pcie-running-x8/

The above link is 3rd party and is not owned by HP, I've posted this only so that I may help you resolve this issue by going beyond my support boundaries, please ignore the ads and take only the free suggestions

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

didnt help , so out of the box this laptop pcie gpu gtx 1050 should be running at load at pcie3.0 x16   and not 3.0x8 or is it just for marketing purposes  , does any1's HP omen pcie GPU run at 3.0 x16 under load ? 

gpuz says the gpu card is capable of 3.0 x16 but even under load it always stays ay 3.0 x8 , nothing in bios helps , 

how about a update driver from HP guys ?

i look forward to your reply

HP Recommended

@hurr1cane

I understand your concerns.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

ive updated all drivers including chipset , graphics , ,,, still no luck , are there enough pcie lanes to run at full with m.2 ssd and ide sata 2nd drive ?

HP Recommended

@hurr1cane

In that case, I would suggets you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended
my laptop is out of warranty I sincerely believe that your laptop doesn't have enough pcie lanes to run the capable GPU gtx 1050 to run at x16 3.0 this will be my next pre requisite to purchase any laptop used or new , I am the second of owner of this laptop
HP Recommended

@hurr1cane

In that case, you have to purchase a new laptop.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.