cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

LCD Screen with Blobs

HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G6 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a brand new laptop from HP Direct in May2020. Then on 31 December 2020 in the afternoon a big coloured blob appeared on the laptop screen. Next to this blob was a smaller fuzzy dark grey/black blob.  This was very concerning. I searched all diagnostics options and undertook a Window 10 OS updates, Graphics card driver updates. Still no success. I then connected the laptop with a HDMI to an external screen and there were no blobs appearing. All items on the desktop screen  were being displayed as expected.

I rang HP technical support on Monday  04 Jan 21 and explained the issue. They technical consultant asked me to send an image of the screen. I took two photo's and sent these to HP e-mail address provided. The person advised me that this is damage to the screen and not covered under warranty, which by the way is for 3 years to May 2023. There has been no droppage, transportation or frequent movement of this laptop. It is pretty much used for work at the desk, so how can the screen be damaged? When you look at the keyboard and laptop screen there is no marks or signs of any physical damage.  Neither has been there been any spillages or hard pressed screen wiping or cleaning of the screen. So, I am shocked, disappointed and frustrated and with the very poor service and remote analysis by HP Technical Support.  They advised that they cannot help anymore and referred the matter to the Customer Relation Team, which is by way located in another part of Europe. Once again, not a very supportive or helpful Customer Service Team, Turnaround times  are typically 2 days and again the Customer Services Manager is not willing to honour HP's warranty. I feel HP has let me down with a very sub-standard product and having made the sale, do not want to know or care about the Customer. I have lost my faith, trust and integrity in HP as an organisation. It is very hard to get hold of the relevant teams and there are is lack of ownership and care to resolve their faulty product. Has anyone else come across a similar issue of the blobs on laptop's LCD screen and if it laptop is  under warranty have you managed to get a satisfactory resolution from HP?            

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation