cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
DanushkaW
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Laptop Graphic driver issue

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion dv6-6000se Entertainment Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear all,

Good day!.

I have an issue with my laptop. I need to sort out this issue as every time I start my laptop, this message is appearing and the graphic card driver showing a warning mark.  The error message is telling about the driver but I really have no idea what is this fault. 

Details of the laptop:-

AMD Phenom(tm) II P960 Quad core processor 1.8Ghz

Windows 10 64bit

RAM 6GB

Appreciate help on this. 

Have a nice day all!

Graphic Error.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,049 26,486 3,091 6,658
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DanushkaW 

The basic problem is that this PC model came with Win7 preloaded and you forced Win10 onto it.  HP only supplies Win7 drivers for this model and since it has Switchable Graphics, only HP drivers will work on it.

There are others on this forum that have access to drivers I do not have,so if one of them points you to drivers that will work for your model and Win10, you will be OK; otherwise, you would have to go back to Win7 to get the drivers working.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
DanushkaW
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It seems there are no solutions. Oh 

WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
34,049 26,486 3,091 6,658
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DanushkaW 

The basic problem is that this PC model came with Win7 preloaded and you forced Win10 onto it.  HP only supplies Win7 drivers for this model and since it has Switchable Graphics, only HP drivers will work on it.

There are others on this forum that have access to drivers I do not have,so if one of them points you to drivers that will work for your model and Win10, you will be OK; otherwise, you would have to go back to Win7 to get the drivers working.

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation