AlexS9
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop Hinge seized up in 9 months no support from HP

HP 15-db0089au
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi my son's HP laptop left side hinge seized up and cracked the cover of his computer when he shut it in class. The computer was about 9 months old I had noticed it appeared to be sticky months before this happened. When I looked at it through the cracked case the hinge was stuck open. The computer was sent back to HP who came back saying because the cover was cracked it had been dropped even through  several of his class  mates witnessed the event. Is a seized hinge common on HP computers and is HP not standing by its product.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
9,892 9,895 872 1,045
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @AlexS9

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
JHC2020
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Funny, I posted a similar concern last night.  When I logged in this morning, two others posted similar concerns.  I would say that yes, HP has an issue with crappy hinges on their laptop.  While my computer is a little older, it is for home use, and is not opened/closed a lot, nor is it carried around day to day.

At least your message got a response from HP.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation