Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am experiencing the same issue. However, when I go to the Downloads page for Drivers and Software, I select my Product Number and it takes me to a page that won't load. You can see this by going here http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-search.html?tab=1#!&qryterm=E1P05AV&search_searchtype=s-002 and then click on the only PC option in the list. That takes me here: http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Nav?h_pagetype=s-002&h_lang=en&h_cc=us&h_client=S-A-R163-1&h_page=hpc...  However, my browser tels me that he DNS lookup is failing. Please advise.

HP Recommended

@LondonMarc ,

I tested the driver page for that HP ENVY 15t-j100 on 2 PC's, both on different networks, with Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Firefox. The Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 driver pages loaded fine in all situations. Looks like the issue is local.

If you haven't already, try using Google Chrome as it automatically updates common plugins that may be causing the issue.

Depending on which GPU you have in your notebook (impossible for me to tell on a CTO notebook) you should be able to download the drivers using direct FTP links here:

Hopefully this works for you.

Great-Deku-Tree
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended
  1. This didn't help at all. My Display randomly gets dimmer for no reason at all. I will be typing in Windows Notepad and then the contrast, or brightness starts to dim. I can't figure it out. I am running Windows 10, but when I had Windows 8 I think it did the same. You never know when it is going to happen, it is very annoying!
HP Recommended

It solved our problem.  Thank you so much.

HP Recommended

Hi Same issue here please provide a solution to this as well.Screen brightness goig down automatically to zero.

Model: HP-15-AC-122TU

Display adapter : Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500

Please advice as i have purchased the system 5 months before ans also is seeing 3 white dots on my screen. and Shift +C alphabet in keypad not working but C alphabet alone is working.

Please help me resolve these issues.

Noble

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.