Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy x 360 M6 Convertible

My five year old HP Envy x360 m6  works fine when suddenly a vertical column of swirling white circles appears on the right side of my touch screen.  Then windows suddenly begin to pop open in rapid order and size.  There is no way to stop these windows from opening short of turning off the computer. The Best Buy Geek Squad had no answer for what was causing this problem and recommended buying a new computer.  Any other suggestions to fix this problem?    

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

You do not provide the exact model or product number

HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

I would say most likely a problem with the touch screen.

You could try updating all drivers and see if the problem persists

You could try disabling the touchscreen and see if the problem persists.

Let us know,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.