Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

The laptop is a model 14-ce0504sa and it just won't open recently. Whenever I push the power button it won't open and just blinks for an interval of 4 seconds. I could faintly hear the fan reeve when the power button is on and would stop when the button would also stop. I tried reading through the forums for a similar problem, and used youtube as well.

I'm not confident on the similar problems since they were a different type of laptop, so I decided to ask directly. I read that the interval of blinking means something so I recorded tje intervals. Also, removing the battery is a sure way to help, but I dont know if this is a static build up problem and the laptop's battery is a built in battery. I am afraid of causing more damage unless i am really sure way of repairing it. Please help, i am noob on these type of things

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@EliphasWelcome to HP Community!

I understand that the laptop will not turn on.

Perform the below steps: 

If the computer does not start, the LED lights do not glow, and the display is black, 

you can perform one or more of the following actions to resolve the no power issue: 

(Click on the blue letters to get more details about each step) 

1. Examine the adapter and power cord for physical damage 

2. Test the power from the AC wall outlet to the notebook connector 

3. Start the computer using the battery only 

4. Check that the lid switch moves freely 

5. When you have completed the troubleshooting steps, there should be power available to the computer. When you press the power button, the LEDs should glow, and you should hear the sounds of the fan and the hard drive spinning. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.