Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (141 Views)

Laptop graphics card AMD Radeon undetected on laptop Envy m6-1162

Product Name: HP ENVY m6-1162la
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop (envy m6 1162la) was not using the graphics card (AMD Radeon 7640M).

I tried reinstalling the software AMD Catalyst but it wasn't detecting it either. I checked the windows device manager and the graphics card was greyed out (had to turn the option to show hidden devices because it wasn't showing). I tried updating drivers but it kept showing an error message (Code 45).

Then I followed the steps in this guide and tried uninstalling the device, rebooting and reinstalling. Now it's not even showing in the manager, and I can't find the driver download page in the HP website.

I also checked the AMD legacy software (catalyst) because it said it included the old drivers, but no luck so far.

I'd appreciate any help in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (108 Views)

Re: Laptop graphics card AMD Radeon undetected on laptop Envy m6-1162

Hi @rms7

Welcome to the HP Forums! 

I noticed your post on how your graphics card AMD Radeon is undetected on your Envy m6-1162 Notebook. I am happy to help! 

Please try the steps within this guide, Error: Display Driver Stopped Responding and Has Recovered (Windows 10, 8, 7). If this does not resolve the issue, contact HP phone support for your hardware options. (After you fill out the information, you will be given a phone number.) If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

If this helps, please consider clicking on 'accept as solution.' And, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

Hope this resolves your issue! Smiley Happy

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation