Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
X360 Convertible 14-ba1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have attached a Belkin USB C 11 in 1 Multiport Dock to my laptop and am trying to connect to a monitor via the VGA connection (it is an old monitor and only has this connection - no hdmi).   Monitor is showing as no display.  I have tried other laptops and there is no problem with those connecting straight away through the multiport dock via VGA.  As the monitor does not have HDMI I also tried connecting via the HDMI port on the multidock to a TV and still get the same message.  Does anyone have any troubleshooting suggestions please.  Thanks for any help given.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Pickle01 

Not all USB-C ports on HP notebooks are the same. What is your X360 Convertible 14-ba1xx  ? You machine should have same ports as the following machine

HP Pavilion x360 - 14-ba151tx

It ONLY has 1 USB 3.1 Type-C™ Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s) port which does NOT support Alt mode nor Power Delivery. You can NOT use it to

• Charge your machine
  • Connect to an external monitor with / without hub/dock/adapter

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your reply.  Sorry, the model is HP Pavilion x360 14-ba120tx.  Someone suggested today that there may not be any Displaylink support with this model and that is why it is not connecting through the multiport dock/adaptor.  Does this sound right to you?  Cheers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.