Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 17-f050nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Several times a day my Laptop is having issues with the GPU. GPU 0 (Intel) is using 20%, caused by DWM.exe and the computer is almost not responding. It takes several minutes to open task manager.

GPU 1 (NVIDIA) is 0% at that moment. CPU is at about 25% (7,4% by DWM.exe), memory at 45%.

I have tried to roll back both drivers with no result. I have updated both drivers with the latest version with no result.

I have changed all 3D settings to "performance" with no result.

In the windows graphic settings I changed the settings to use only the NVIDIA GPU for DWM.exe but still the problem persist and GPU 0 is stuck at 20% (after a restart and at a random moment). I am not able to reproduce the problem. It happens randomly.

For testing I have also changed the NVIDIA settings to use only the NVIDIA card for chrome.exe, but when I try to open a video on youtube then, it still only uses the Intel GPU.

But when I run a Furmark GPU stress test, it only uses the NVIDIA GPU and not the Intel GPU. 

Can anyone explain this to me or does anyone have a solution?

Update: after running DDU and reinstall the NVIDIA driver I managed to get Chrome.exe to use the NVIDIA GPU. DWM.exe is still using the Intel GPU. The computer was stable for about an hour, then the same problem returned.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.