Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 dw2028nj
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey,

My laptop screen started to flicker. I have a Pavilion 15-dw2028nj laptop.

This laptop has integrated and dedicated GPUs and when I bought it I noticed that only the dedicated GPU wasn't active at all even on heavy graphic load. I updated all the drivers and activated the dedicated GPU as well. the integrated one is active on a little load like web browsing etc and the dedicated one activates automatically when the load is getting bigger like on rendering and gaming. The task manager flickers as well when it happens. I tried to play a game on a full screen and the display was fine. When I do rendering simulation with the browser and some files open in the background the screen flickers badly. I checked the usage of the GPUs at that time it flickered with the task manager and the usage was: 

Intel integrated graphic card: 20-30%

Nvidia dedicated graphic card: 80%~

Can it be because both of them are running at the same time?

Huge thanks in advance,

Ron

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Ron18923 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the laptop screen flickers.

If you haven't, Please try an alternate monitor to understand if this is either a hardware or a software failure, 

if the issue does not appear on the alternate monitor, you may need to replace the display assembly on your computer, 

if the issue appears on the alternate monitor/TV as well, re-install the graphics card drivers & update it from the official HP Website: Click here 

  

If you don’t have an alternate monitor, I recommend checking if the issue appears on the BIOS screen (restart the computer and tap on F10 to access BIOS) 

If the issue does not appear in BIOS, reinstall the graphics card drivers & update BIOS using the above link, 
If it does, you may need to replace the LCD/Repair the computer: 

  

If the issue occurred after an accident (such as dropping it on the floor, liquid spilled on it, etc.) there could be a hardware failure and in such cases, you may need to get the computer repaired via HP (there could be a charge involved if the PC isn't covered by the accidental damage protection plan) 

  

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hey again, the problem appears on an external monitor as well. I've checked all the drivers and reinstalled them by hp's site. Still, the problem is there. But I've noticed that it will show up on anything that uses the dedicated GPU MX130, but if I will leave my pc on sleep for a while and then will get back to him the problem will disappear like magic. What can it mean? I saw on the task manager that there are a lot of processes going-on on my PC for a while when I turn it on so maybe it's associated with them? (The problem proceeds for at least an hour after I turn on my pc and probably a lot more) 

I put here a link to a video on my google-drive showing the problem. When I run the simulation the problem starts.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zGuNSzdZofiVcosbbvsKu_aZTNCmIJw4/view?usp=sharing

Regards

Ron

HP Recommended

@Ron18923

It looks like a hardware issue as you have mentioned that the same issue happens on an external monitor.

I recommend you contact support and check the available service options for your computer.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks!

I will try to contact the support. Will see what they have to say

Ron

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.