Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-dk0045tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had put a cloth between by laptop screen and it's keyboard before I went to sleep. I did not realize that a small portion of cloth was wet. When I woke up, I noticed water droplets on my screen which I wiped with some other cloth. It was then I realized that portion of cloth must have been wet.

Now, that portion of my screen looks different. It is little darker patch(a light difference) which is very clearly visible only in white background. It is not visible in any background other than white. I am confused if screen has absorbed water. I do not know how to fix it. Please help.

"Note - I have tried clicking a picture of it, but it is not apparent in any photo"

It is in right bottom. A patch.

image.jpeg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

hello

Are you sure this was not a specific product?
All you can try is to clean the screen with something suitable.
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00292159

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Sir, I have mentioned the product. 

HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-Dk0045tx

But it is not about cleaning the screen with a cloth, because there is nothing on the screen to wipe.  

This incident is already a week old, so whatever moisture (if it is the case) is there, it is either absorbed inside screen or something else is the problem.

Do you think, I should keep my laptop screen in Sun? Is it safe?

HP Recommended

you did not understand, I was talking about what was impregnated
Unless the liquid has passed somewhere, I don't think it has seeped through the screen itself.
Either it is on the outside, in this case try what is mentioned
But if it is inside it may have to be dismantled
I doubt that exposing it to the sun is effective, let alone safe.
In this case, I will advise you to go to a professional instead.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Right Sir.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.