Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-aw002la
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, the model of my laptop is Pavilion 15-aw002la and it has an AMD A10-9600P processor.

My problem is when I work with PowerPoint 2016 the  laptop shuts down suddenly :HalfEyes:

I don't know if the problem is the video driver from AMD, Microsoft Windows  or  PowerPoint .

I will appreciate if anybody can help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@arturosantos

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the laptop shuts down while using the Microsoft PowerPoint,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Does the issue occur while using any of the other Microsoft Applications such as Word or Excel as well?

Have you performed a system restore?

Is the laptop heating up before it shuts down?

While you respond to that, I recommend you update the graphics card on your computer: Click here to find an install

If the issue persists, please download the Auto-detect AMD Tool and install the drivers from the manufacturer site as well.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@arturosantos

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the laptop shuts down while using the Microsoft PowerPoint,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Does the issue occur while using any of the other Microsoft Applications such as Word or Excel as well?

Have you performed a system restore?

Is the laptop heating up before it shuts down?

While you respond to that, I recommend you update the graphics card on your computer: Click here to find an install

If the issue persists, please download the Auto-detect AMD Tool and install the drivers from the manufacturer site as well.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi!

Thank you for your reply! 

I downloaded the driver from the first link you post me and it seems my problem is solved!

The problem begins when I tried to update the drivers to the latest using the AMD-autodetect-tool..., with this experience I prefer to keep the older drivers to maintain the computer working properly.

If the problem persist I will appreciate your help again.

Best regards.

HP Recommended

@arturosantos

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad that worked, if the issue resurfaces it's ugly face, please try the steps mentioned here to resolve it permanently

And let me know if it worked: Click here for instructions.

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.