Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Laptop turns off and then restarts seconds later

HP Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm having a problem where my laptop will randomly shut off and then turn back on seconds later. Back then it only happened once every few weeks but now it's starting to happen every few hours. I've tried resetting the laptop but the issue is still there. If there is any solution, I will be grateful. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 336
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Storm934,

Welcome to HP Support Forums. Best platform for all sorts of solutions, tips and tweaks to your questions/issues.

To have the best experience on HP forum, visit our HP Forums Guide to know more.

Unit reboots frequently. Is that right?

I would like to help you.

I request you follow the steps from the below link and check if that helps.

http://hp.care/2bPH5Hg

Hope it helps.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
Storm934 Honor Student
Honor Student
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I've tried all these solutions yet it still does this.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
3304 3302 178 336
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi@Storm934,

I thank you for the reply.

I suggest you check if the PC has any hot spots near the keyboard. This is to check it is due to overheating issues. Also, check if the cooling fan is working or not. Share any error related to issue as well.

Kindly update the status.

Happy posting.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation