Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 15s-gw0000 (1E420AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I purchased this laptop 3-4 months ago. That time I didn't notice that the webcam quality is so poor. 

But now when I had to attend meetings, I realized that the camera is poorer than I thought. A lot of noise or grains appear in both video and picture, and the clarity is also very low. Even in good lighting, with good internet connection, it makes the video dull with a lot of noise or grains. 

I tested it on different meeting apps and even the windows camera app, but the quality remains the same.

Even my 8 years old Lenovo AIO PC has better webcam quality than this.

I checked for the drivers, but those are already up to date, so I think there's no driver issue.

Please let me know if it can be fixed.

Else I would have to cope with this only.

Waiting for your reply...

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Aafreen

Welcome to the HP Support Community! I'd like to help!

I see you are experiencing issues with the Laptop webcam quality. I apologize for the Inconvenience. 

I recommend that you check if the HP Notebook System BIOS Update to F.25 and update the Realtek Webcam Driver from HP.COM or click here to download it and to resolve this webcam issue.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Sorry, but it doesn't solve the problem.

My bios was already up to date and I also updated the Realtek webcam driver (which too I think was already updated).

Even after doing that, the camera quality is same as before. No change.

The main issue is of the grains and noise that appear in the webcam output. Else, everything is fine.

Please do let me know if there's any other solution.

Thank You

HP Recommended

@Aafreen

Thank you for responding,

I appreciate your time and effort.

It could be a hardware issue with the webcam and this PC needs to be serviced.

Please reach out to the HP Technical Support team in your region regarding the repair/service/replacement options.

Follow the instructions below to reach them:  

1) Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp 

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.  

4) Select the country from the drop-down.  

5) Select the chat or get phone number options based on your preferences.  

6) Fill the web form and proceed further.  

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

For any hardware issue or repair please click on the link Phone Assist Worldwide

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

I solved this same problem on my Pavilion 15-Cw1010nl (running on windows 11), by installing the drivers of the manufacturer of the integrated circuit.

DRIVERS TO INSTALL:

- Integrated Circuit on my notebook: "Realtek RTS5822"
- name of the drivers I installed: "Realtek PC camera driver (WinXP/Vista/Win7/Win8/Win8.1) 6.2.9200.10253 2013/12/30 15 MB"
- page where I found the Realtek drivers to download: https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-camera-controller-usb-2-0-interface-software

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:

- remove the the webcam drivers, using Windows Device Manager (press ALT+X and click on Device Manager)

- remember to confirm to the Device Manager that you want it to delete the webcam's device drivers that are into your computer
- install the "Realtek PC camera driver (WinXP/Vista/Win7/Win8/Win8.1) 6.2.9200.10253 2013/12/30 15 MB"

RESULTS:

Once installed, the camera will start to work correctly with a high quality. I suggest everybody, to install Realtek's drivers.

See my post where I describe the solution on the HP forums, here: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/RISOLTO-Pessima-qualit%C3%A0-v...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.