Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15 and Spectre X360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Another issue I have found is that HDR streaming is horrible on the HP Envy OLED. 

This also seems to be an issue on the latest Spectres. When enabling HDR in Settings and watch YouTube in 4K HDR, the result is an unwatchable mess. 

When you click on Stats for Nerds, this is the result:

After 1min 06 seconds, 4k 60FPS = 80 dropped of 4,000

After 1min 06 seconds 4k HDR 60FPS = 1,615 dropped of 4,000

Apparently the graphics card is not utilised at all for functions such as this. 

Even then though, how does my 4 year old PS4 PRO and £69 Chromecast Ultra play 4K HDR 60FPS with no issue, whereas a £1,800 laptop with an i7-10750H, 16GB RAM and RTX 2060 not cope at all?

I have updated all drivers, updates, BIOS etc with the HP rep and not fixed. I must add this problem seems to be with all new Envy and Spectre owners.

Are HP aware of the issue?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@Checkingitout,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need the product number and the exact model for your computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there

It's the HP Envy 15 ep0008na 

HP Recommended

@Checkingitout,

Please help me with the product number of your computer. Also, which browser are you using to play YouTube videos?

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi there, I don't know any other number? 

It is this one:

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c06594154

It happens in Chrome, Edge and Firefox. 

HP Recommended

@Checkingitout,

Update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue with a brand new Spectre x360 15, i7-10750H, GTX-1650Ti, 4k OLED. 4k HDR Youtube will stutter constantly, with HDR enabled Netflix will play a video for ~5 seconds and then the playback will freeze.

HP Recommended

Hi there, I did already update the BIOS with the HP rep over the phone. 

As mentioned though, it looks like a problem with all this year's Spectres and Envy models (the higher end ones).

HP Recommended

@Checkingitout I understand your concern and I will bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

Although, I'll need some private information from you in order to create a case for you.

Please look for a private message requesting additional information. 

Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers, case details, etc...).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" on my public post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I have since returned the laptop, but I don't think that should stop HP from looking into this fundamental issue affecting all users of the laptops I have mentioned.  You have all of the information necessary to feed this back to who needs to know to get an update fix. 

I would like to purchase the Spectre or Envy again but not until the issues are solved. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.