cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
9 6 0 2
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Looking for updated drivers for my Laptop

HP Recommended
HP Envy TSm7 J010DX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been looking for an updated graphic driver.  When I go to my laptop here at HP, none of the drivers will install.  They say they are not for my device.  That is confusing because the picture IS of my laptop.  Earlier I downloaded the Intel driver Update Utility and it found no Intel hardware.  This is confusing as I have an Intel HD 4600 graphic card in this unit.  I have some games that don't play full screen like they used to (black 2 inch border on both sides) so I thought it might have been time to reinstall/update the graphic drivers for this unit.  

I refreshed this laptop last week basically starting it over.  Everything works fine except the couple games.  Does anyone know where I could download the HD 4600 graphic card drivers?  Or maybe I'm just out of luck....

Thank you for any help you can offer

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
44,714 38,171 3,354 14,106
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is this the page you are try drivers:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-touchsmart-m7-j000-notebook-pc-series/53549...

Your post says Windows 10. Did you upgrade from original Win 8 to Win 10?

On the driver page be sure the correct OS is selected-if not click Change and select the OS you are running now.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 2
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, that is where I downloaded the drivers for my laptop from HP.  It detected that I am running Win 10 64-bit and that is what it was set at.  

Yes, it originally came with Win 8 and I upgraded to 10.  Last week, I basically wiped the drive using windows restore feature that deletes your files, etc.  I had everything backed up so I didn't lose anything.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17
Level 17
44,714 38,171 3,354 14,106
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You may be getting the message because the drivers are pre- Anniversary Update of Windows 10. Have you tried right clicking the Intel Graphics in Device Manager and choosing update driver? WU may find a later one.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
9 6 0 2
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes, I have done windows update, device manager, intel, HP, etc. with no luck.  Oh well, I thank you for your suggestions.  Apparently there are no updated drivers for this Laptop.  It's really a shame.  It's a Core i7 laptop and is by no means outdated by what's on the market today.  I wish HP would provide current drivers for their devices.  This driver is over 2 years old.  I also forgot to mention that occasionally the screen will go black, then right back on like nothing happened.  That is new.  Infact, it just happened.  (I had forgot about it until it just happened).  

What's so strange is that I have an Intel processor and graphic card and the Intel utility updater finds none of them.  

Thank you for your time and ideas.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation