Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-ck0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi! I've just bought the new laptop HP Pavilion 15-ck0xx. Everything works great and I am very satisfied with the purchase. The only problem I have is the low screen brightness (backlight) level, although everything is set to 100% (incl. battery options). I mean I am sure it's at max and some will be satisfied with this brightness level, however it is like 70% of my old laptop brightness and this makes me feel a little uncomfortable. Is there any way to push the brightness even further like 110% of the max level? Maybe there is a way to do this via BIOS (my current BIOS version is F.04 and I couldn't find such settings there). I am OK if it affects electricity consumption, I just want it brighter. Thanks in advance!

PS:

I was also following the article at https://support.hp.com/ru-ru/document/c01809428. And they sugested to check if the brightness is good enough when you open BIOS. Mine was like 25% of what I have when the Windows is running and barely readable, which is a bad sign according to the article?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi Deka87,

I'm sorry to hear that the display brightness is uncomfortably low.

If you would like, I can recommend graphics and BIOS updates. However, a specific model/product number would be appreciated. (Please do not post serial numbers on the HP Support Forum) Unfortunately, HP Pavilion 15-ck0xx is not specific enough.

Information on how to find a laptop's model/product number is detailed in this HP document.

However, I'm reading your computer's Maintenance and Service Guide and the best panel for this laptop series only outputs a max of 250 nits - not very good. 

My computer - the HP Spectre 13 - is advertised to output a max of 300 nits and even so, the display brightness is terrible. I've also noticed that HP's struggled to consistently keep a calibration standard throughout a single laptop series. 

If you want, I could look up your previous laptop model and see what its max brightness level was to confirm that this is just a hardware limitation. 

Hope this helps,

kem579

Hit the Accept as Solution if I solved your problem.
Hit the thumbs up to show appreciation!

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply! My product number is 2PP69EA#ACB. I am afraid you are right about the max nits :-(( Can you recommend an HP model of with similar charachteristics but better nits?

HP Recommended

Hi Deka87,

So yea... your laptop model uses the best display option of its series (250 nits) but is still not that acceptable.

However, I'm searching through for some similar laptops (Pavilion 15) and just realized that most Pavilion 15 series use a display 200~250 nits...

I can do a bit more searching but I just need to know a few things:

• Core i5?
  • HDD or SSD?
  • 15"?
  • Approximate price point
  • Country of purchase 

It may be outside of the Pavilion 15 series.

Awaiting your response,

kem579

I used to be an HP Expert. I no longer participate in this community.
HP Recommended

Thank you so much!

Mine is i5, HDD 1Tb + SSD 128Gb, 15.6'',  the price around $1k, bought in Russia.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.