Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 Laptop - 15-eb0001na
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi folks. This is becoming a worrying issue. I've had my Spectre x360 for abount 18 months. After just 5 months of ownership, I started to see light coloured 'specks'/lines on the screen. They were only visible on very dark screens, but they covered about 25% of the screen space on the left hand side. HP replaced the screen under warranty and everything was fine for around 5 months, then I started to see them again. I'd already taken out an extended Warranty and HP replaced the screen again. Because it had now happened twice, I was concerned what might be causing it. I asked HP to comment on the cause when it went in for the second replacement, but they didn't reply. I chased it by phone and was told 'the screen had been disposed of, and so they couldn't offer any information'. I stopped using the touchscreen (in case it was something on my fingers) and inspected the screen daily. I only ever use a lint-free cloth to clean the screen - never any chemicals.

Then a few days ago (after around 4 months since the last repair), the specks appeared again. I'm really out of ideas as to what might be causing it. The laptop is only used by me, and it's been treated with respect for all its life. It seems like the screen is 'breaking down'. It's hard to take photos of the 'damage', but under certain lighting conditions, it's possible. There are more marks than the camera can show, but the ones circled are the worst/biggest. See attached. I realise the photo is quite poor, but I wonder if anyone might offer any thoughts on WHAT is causing the damage to the screen?

I guess the broader issue is that it is ruining my enjoyment of this otherwise excellent piece of tech. Even though the turn-round time by HP so far has been really excellent, I can't really afford the time to keep sending it away. Part of me thinks it's an inherent fault with the screen - and I should perhaps try and see if HP would refund me part of the cost. I paid nearly £2000 for this device and it really sucks that I'm having these problems.

Any advice, much appreciated. Thanks, Steve

PS The yellow box is to hide my body. Rules here prohibit 'personal information' being shown 🤔
Glitch3a.jpg

Steve

Regards
Steve P
Kettering, UK
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @SteveP-UK,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you are facing a display issue with your HP Spectre X360 Laptop - 15-Eb0001na. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

We shall escalate this issue to the concerned team.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.