BriziSue
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Missing Radeon Drivers in Device Manager

Probook 4540s
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi! I know this is a long shot, as this laptop is outdated in terms of tech, but I desperatly need help before January when Windows 7 looses support. I should point out that I recieved this laptop about 4 months ago and did a system restore to it, and the Radeon7650m graphics were showing at that point, but sometime since it has disappeared from the device manager. I've updated, downloaded, ect lots of things since then, and I couldn't tell you what made the magic trick happen. All of the drivers I've downloaded to try to fix this problem are either from the Microsoft Update Catalog, HP's listing for software on my PC via the site and the Assistant, or from AMD's site. AMD software refuses to download. I have also tried using DDU to completely remove/restore the video drivers, to no avail. 

Here's the deal. I'm a gamer, and this laptop has so far done what's needed. The integrated Intel 4000 works fine for most of the games I play, with minor tweaking to my power/profile options. Recently I started getting a bunch of pop up errors related to HP Support Assistant whenever I try to load into a game. After getting irritated with crashes, I started doing some research and found out that this particular laptop has a Radeon7560m graphics card. But It's not in my device manager...

So, I did more research and found that I needed to have the Catalyst program downloaded and updated to see that driver, much less use it and change it's settings/profile. Here's the problem. Catalyst won't finish downloading. It runs through the process, gets to a point where it should be recognizing the hardware and downloading the appropriate software, but I get various errors relating to the Radeon graphics not even existing on this laptop, which i know is false... 

HELP!!!

WIndows is updated, I've downloaded (but not installed) 

-Intel Chipset Instillation Utility

-Intel Video driver and control panel version 4.0.100.1189

-IDT (HD) Audio and CODEC

-AMD Catalyst Software Suite -Catalyst 12-10 version 9.2.0.0

I'm not sure what to do here. I can try to download all day long, but if the driver isn't showing up in device manager, it's pointless. I've tried everything I can think of, searched every phrase related that would hopfully provide some answers, and nothing. How the heck do I get this to work?!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation